My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, October 23, 2006

Oh Trailer Park!

Oh trailer park! Oh home on wheels
Ne'er we'll roll again
This rented soil, my sewage disposal
This hose, this monthly fee

Oh mobile home, I've set your engine free
Let it go and run the canyons
With the engines, engines never enslaved
And I am free, enslaving none.

I speak, I speak well
My neighbors cannot tell
I may have been a futures trader
A fancy waiter at a fine steak house

And one wall I'll stock with books
And one I'll stock with cans
And one I'll stock with you
A wedding ring and memories
A picture that you sent
Your child and new husband
The house and fence you tend.

You'll be unyielding, photograph,
Time will take no toll
And only I and my regrets
Will move on getting old.

Oh trailer park, how did you make
Me join myself to you?
And one day when my options vest
I'll buy a house of stone
A piece of land to keep myself
A plot mine own mine own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home